As an umbrella organisation, IBE’s membership comprises national epilepsy associations whose focus is, in the main, on the social aspects of epilepsy and who, in turn, support people with epilepsy, their families and carers.
Recognising regional diversity, IBE’s members are grouped within seven regional structures following the WHO regional boundaries: Africa, Eastern Mediterranean, Europe, Latin America, North America, South East Asia and Western Pacific.
IBE currently has 132 members in 99 countries. The criteria for membership include the following:
- Lay people – in particular people with epilepsy – must be able to have full membership and voting rights and be eligible for nomination and election to any elected position of the member organisation.
- People with a professional interest in epilepsy may also be members of the member organisation.
- Activities and goals of a member organisation must be focused on improving the quality of life of people affected by epilepsy.
- The member organisation must have national status in that membership must be constitutionally accessible to all eligible people within the country;
- The member organisation must be formally organised with a written constitution agreed and in place and/or recognised by an appropriate authorising body.
- The member organisation must have a Constitution which does not conflict with that of the IBE.
IBE Member Details
To contact an IBE member directly, please choose from the following regions below
- View contact details for members in the African region
- View contact details for members in the Eastern Mediterranean region
- View contact details for members in the European region
- View contact details for members in the Latin American regions
- View contact details for members in the North American region
- View contact details for members in the South East Asian region
- View contact details for members in the Western Pacific region