The 28th International Epilepsy Congress took place in Budapest, Hungary, from June 28th July 2nd, 2009, with the following seven Main Topics:
- Autonomic Functions and Biorhythmicity
- Searching for a Cure Experimental Models and Human Epilepsy
- Comprehensive Care around the World
- The Family and Epilepsy Clinical and Social Dimensions
- Brain Development, Plasticity and Epilepsy
- Imaging Epilepsy Networks and Cortical Dysplasia
- Non-Specialist Management of Epilepsy
IBE at the 28th International Epilepsy Congress
In addition to the scientific and social sessions, IBE also held its biennial General Assembly on 1st July, when the newly elected International Executive Committee began its term of office.
Several Regional Committees took the opportunity to arrange meetings to discuss past activities and future plans. In due course reports from these meetings will be available on the relevant regional pages of the site.
The CEO Group (add link) and the Editors Network (add link) also met and reports from these meetings will also be available to view.
Following the successful displays in Paris and Singapore, an impressive exhibition of posters highlighting the activities and achievements of our Members was mounted during the congress.
We are grateful to Eisai, who supported this endeavour. Almost 50% of Members participated in the Poster Display and the following links will allow you to see of the posters. The posters have been sorted, alphabetically, by country. If you would like to receive an electronic copy of any poster in a higher resolution, please contact us email@example.com:
- Posters from Argentina and Australia (file size 2.10 MB) click here.
- Posters from Brazil and Canada (file size 4.53 MB) click here.
- Posters from Chile, China and the Czech Republic (file size 3.45 MB) click here.
- Posters from Ecuador, Finland, Georgia, Germany and Guatemala (file size 2.71 MB) click here.
- Posters from Hong Kong, India, Iran, Ireland and Jamaica (file size 2.56 MB) click here.
- Posters from Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Mongolia and Morocco (file size 2.67 MB) click here.
- Posters from Namibia, New Zealand, Norway, the Philippines and Portugal (file size 2.81 MB) click here.
- Posters from Scotland, South Africa, Swaziland, Switzerland and Sweden (file size 2.33 MB) click here.
- Posters from Taiwan, Thailand, Togo, Uruguay, the USA and Zambia. The file also contains a list of all IBE Members Associations, sorted by region. (file size 2.48 MB) click here.