Project: Multimedia Education Pack
Description of the Project
Epilepsy Awareness & Advocacy Inc (EAAI) in the Philippines is planning a multimedia pack to educate people about epilepsy. With a DVD and accompanying materials in comic book style, the association will use its nationwide volunteer group to disseminate the programme throughout the Philippines.
Objectives of the Project
The education pack will be produced in the five most commonly used dialects in the Philippines to ensure as wide an audience as possible.
The DVD will include the following:
- A story, narrated by a person with epilepsy who has successfully overcome the illness;
- Facts and fallacies about epilepsy;
- Information about first aid for seizures;
- Information and assistance for establishing local chapters of lay support groups
- Contact information for the Epilepsy Awareness and Advocacy, Inc. (EAAI) and Philippine League Against Epilepsy (PLAE)
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Meetings will be held locally and by the number of support groups established in order to measure the success of the project;
- A report will be made about the number of times the DVD and printed materials were shown and shared;
- National Barangay Health Workers Association will assist in the process of information dissemination;
- The Philippine League Against Epilepsy (PLAE) will provide information on the medical aspects of epilepsy;