Project: DVD Awareness Pack
Description of the Project
Epilepsy Namibia is producing a DVD presentation, together with printed information on lifestyle management and seizure assistance. The presentation will be translated into six languages, with distribution of 600 units of the completed package.
Epilepsy Namibia has begun the process of training actors who will perform on the video and has also begun the lengthy process of translating the script.
Objectives of the Project
The multimedia pack will explain the condition of epilepsy, lifestyle management and seizure assistance for people with epilepsy and their caregivers who do not have access to resource centres in the rural areas of Namibia. The production will respect indigenous cultures and will be available in the major language groups.
Activities of the Project
- Concept, script and translation
- Actors and Dancer training
- DVD filming and editing
- Promotion and voice recording
- Printing DVD information booklet
- Print Response and Assessment Reply Form
- DVD copying and packing
- Promoting on web with instructions
- Distribution of DVDs
- Collection of Responses Forms and Assess Project
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Request feedback through a Response and Assessment Form. This will allow the association to measure the extent of the program.
- Distributors are willing to complete a log of delivery points which will indicate geographical distribution.
- Stanley Mareka Dancers Performing Artists
- UNAM Dept Drama (University Namibia) Translations and Voice-overs
- M& M Productions (Bedelia Basson) Technical Assistance Production of DVD
- Magic Touch Production (Wolfgang Knopfler) Expertise on Production
- ITCS Dubbing and IT projects (Promo+Web)
- CIC – Distribution
- Cipla Medpro – Distribution