IBE has a defined procedure for claiming expenses.
- All claims must be made on the standard IBE expenses claim form which is available from the IBE office in Dublin and may be photocopied for further claims. It is also available for download below.
- All expense claims must be signed and dated by the person making the claim and authorised by a relevant authority before being passed to the Treasurer for payment – relevant authorities are the International Executive Committee Officers nd/or the Chairs of IBEs commissions.
- Completed, signed and authorised claim forms should be submitted to the Treasurer via the Finance Office within 30 days of incurring the expense.
- Lost or unobtainable receipts for expenses must be accounted for by an explanation on the claim form. IBE reserves the right not to reimburse expenses where receipts are not provided.
- No claim may be made for any notional expenditure. For example on items such as rail travel where a season ticket covers part or all of the cost.
- All expense claims must be completed in sufficient detail to satisfy IBE that the expense was necessarily incurred on IBE business. It is therefore important to record details of the people and places visited, the reason for the visit, and any other relevant details.
- Overnight accommodation should not exceed $100 per night. Approval in advance should be sought for amounts in excess of this unless there are compelling personal safety reasons.
- Rail travel should normally be no more than 2nd Class/Standard Class ticket. Air travel should be by no more than Economy Class.
- When choosing a method of transport in connection with IBE business, the relative costs involved are to be taken into account and justification of the choice may be required if it is not the least cost option.
- Reimbursement for mileage claimed will be at a rate set from time to time by the Treasurer. The rate prevailing at October 2006 is Euro 50c per mile. For journeys of more than 100 miles by road, prior approval must be obtained. You should ensure that your car insurance covers occasional business use.
- If you believe that you are entitled to be reimbursed for any other expenses not covered above you should seek guidance in advance either from the Treasurer.
- Payment will be made to the relevant member chapter rather than to you personally unless otherwise requested.
Click here to download the Expenses Claim Form.