Today marks a momentous occasion as we launch the new look IBE website!
This is the first major change to the site since it first went live in May 2001. We are very excited about our new look and we are confident that it will serve us well. One of the main objectives in revising the layout of ibe-epilepsy.org was to have a design that was user friendly and that allowed the visitor to locate items of interest in an easy and logical manner.
Renewing and updating a website is a huge task of work, which is always ongoing. Thanks are due in great measure to Shunglon Lai, Chair, and other members of the Website Task Force Paul Sharkey and Ken Lowenberg who oversaw preparations for the relaunch.
While some of the pages are not yet quite complete, some newly introduced elements include:
- Photo gallery: the gallery shows images from IBE congresses as well as photos submitted by our Members. The images automatically shuffle each time a page is refreshed.
- Regions: prominence is given to IBEs 7 regional committees. These pages will provide up to the minute news on activities, as well as contact details for Members within each region.
- IE News: for the first time visitors will be able to enjoy previous issues of IE News, either to read on screen or to download.
- Networks: These IBE User Groups act as support networks for our Members. The Editor’s Network is now active, with regular meetings at the time of congresses. The other networks are also beginning to develop.
- Members section: we are still working to complete this section, which will be password restricted to IBE Members.
- Mapping our members: we have almost completed work on an easy to access map showing the location of our members, region by region. This will appear at the bottom of the Home Page. By clicking on the appropriate map you will be able to gradually increase magnification to see exactly where are members are based.
We hope that you enjoy the new site and invite you to come back regularly in the future as the site develops. In the meantime, we are happy to receive your comments on the site, which you can leave in the comment box below.