The IE News Jubilee Award is an initiative of the International Bureau for Epilepsy (IBE) to reward the best contribution submitted to International Epilepsy News (IE News). The award has been introduced as part of IBEs Golden Jubilee celebrations and to mark 48 years of IE News, the quarterly magazine of IBE.
Whether you report on epilepsy at international or local level, on medical or social aspects of the condition, you could win this great award!
- Reports and articles, to be considered for the award, must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of 31st December 2011.
- Articles must be written in English and be the original work of the applicant.
- The article must be between 750 and 2000 words in length.
- Photographs may accompany the submission but it is not
compulsory to do so.
- IBE reserves the right to publish any article submitted.
There will be one prize winner, who will receive financial support to attend an IBE or IBE/ILAE congress of the winners choice, up to a maximum of US$2,000. The prize funds may not be used for any other purpose and must be used before the end of 2013.
An independent judging panel will judge entries, looking for responsible, informed and original stories. Entries will also be assessed on the following specific criteria.
- Helps increase awareness and understanding of epilepsy
- Gives a voice to people with epilepsy
- Is well researched, compelling, uses language responsibly when writing about epilepsy.
Click here to download the IE News Jubilee Award leaflet.