The Neuropsychomotricity is a modern science, interdisciplinary, framed in the context of neuroscience, which provides guidelines for the harmonic development of the individual. It bases its principles on the combination of Neurology and the psychomotricity, taking as basic the concept of mind-physical structure unit.
The National Center for Epilepsy is a charitable institution mainly focused on the low income sectors of Ecuador. It was founded in 1989 and it has a multidisciplinary team to treat patients with epilepsy and their families, developing also strategies to disseminate knowledge in society about the reality of this disorder.
Through a recent partnership agreement signed between the National Centre for Epilepsy and the Ministry of Education of Ecuador, there is an intention to spread neuropsychomotricity to the professionals that work in the field of psychology and health in schools, so they can apply this support directly to children with psychomotor difficulties and epilepsy.
This program consists of:
- Training professionals that work in the educational field;
- Disseminate knowledge of Neuropsychomotricity and epilepsy;
- Publication of books, pamphlets directed to professionals and population in general;
- Launch of interactive videos;
- Elaboration of WEB on this project;
- Creation of psychomotricity rooms;
The project will receive US$5,000 from the Promising Strategies Program.