Project: Quality of Life Program
Description of the Project
The Mongolian Epilepsy Associations Quality of Life program will conduct health education courses on epilepsy care for neurologists working in district hospitals, family doctors, nurses, people with epilepsy and their families, as well as the public in general and local government officials.
It is hoped that the programme will encourage governments and departments of health to address the needs of people with epilepsy throughout Mongolia
In a vast country, where most of the population lives in difficult terrain and in rural and isolated areas, and where travel to a major treatment centre is both lengthy and arduous, this program will greatly improve the services available for people with epilepsy living outside the capital Ulaanbaatar.
Objectives of the Project
- To increase the public and professional awareness of epilepsy as a universal treatable brain disorder;
- To conduct the research and health education among neurologists of district and province hospitals, family doctors, nurses, people with epilepsy and their family members on epilepsy care;
- To identify the needs of people with epilepsy on a capital city and national level;
- To encourage governments and departments of health to address the needs of people with epilepsy, including awareness, education, diagnosis, treatment, care, services and prevention;
- To produce and publish handouts on epilepsy care and prevention of epilepsy for doctors as well as for patients with epilepsy their families.
- To increase number of people with epilepsy who living in rural areas want to improve their health education;
- Improved medical and social assistance to the people with epilepsy;
- Reduced treatment gap;
- Establishment of basis for improved epilepsy care management;
- Improved quality of life of people with epilepsy and release of social stigma, resulting in out of shadows;
- To include the matter of epilepsy care improvement in the policies and strategies of Government;