The 11th European Conference on Epilepsy and Society, like all previous European Conferences on Epilepsy and Society, aims to bring to light the social issues related to epilepsy. These social issues affect not only people with epilepsy but also people who work with people with epilepsy or in lay epilepsy organisations.
Hence, the Organising Committee of the 11th European Conference on Epilepsy and Society (11th ECES) has taken a new initiative that consists of displaying recent books and testimonials by people with epilepsy or persons working with people with epilepsy. Therefore, the Organising Committee would like to ask all European Member Organisations if their members would be interested in exhibiting their books about epilepsy during the 11th ECES.
If your members should wish to display their books, please note the following:
- Books may be in English or any other European Language;
- One sample of each book will be displayed on a table in the exhibition area, together with information on how to order copies of the books;
- Books should be ordered directly with the author. Therefore each author must prepare an order sheet and ordering information (including book price, postage costs, ordering address and other contact details), copies of which should be sent with the sample book. Please note that the conference secretariat will not be responsible for any book orders, nor will the conference secretariat be able to copy order sheets and/or ordering information;
- The conference secretariat will be unable to return the sample books. However, the book author or a representative may collect the book at the end of the conference;
- If the author is unable to collect the book and wishes to nominate a representative, he/she must advise the conference secretariat in advance of the name and contact details of the representative;
- Conference staff will do their best to prevent books from being damaged. Nevertheless, the 11th ECES will not be liable for any damaged books;
- Authors may be present during the book exhibition if they wish to do so;
- 11th ECES will not provide any financial support (such as registration, accommodation and travel expenses) to authors who wish to be present.
- The sample books should be sent directly to the World Trade Center in Marseille no earlier than 10th October and no later than 14th October;
- Deliveries of books arriving earlier than 10th October will not be accepted at the World Trade Center Marseille-Provence.
- Books arriving later than 14th October will not be considered for exhibition.
- Books should be sent to the following address:
11th European Conference on Epilepsy and Society
Attn: Finola Quinn
c/o Ludivine Beret
World Trade Center Marseille-Provence
2 Rue Henri Barbusse
Best regards to all European Member Organisations and their members.