The Legislation Task Force is a Task Force established by the International Executive Committee (IEC) in April 2014. The Task Force works within the ambit of the policy framework set by the International Executive Committee and reports to the International Executive Committee.
Members of the Legislation Task Force
- Hanneke de Boer (Netherlands)
- Izak Nicolaas Steyn (South Africa)
- Nikki Saarsteiner (Ireland)
- Sherman Goh (Singapore)
- Stine StrØmso (Norway)
- Silvia Kochen (Argentina)
Objectives of the Legislation Task Force
To identify and target specific areas of epilepsy legislation which IBE and its member associations may use in advocacy work, political activity, and in initiatives to publicise and raise awareness of epilepsy. These will include, but are not exclusive to:-
- To promote legislation projects that address ways in which the negative effects of epilepsy might be minimized.
- To establish how widely the European Directive on Driving has been implemented in EU countries.
- To survey IBE members on driving legislation in other countries.
- To consider employment legislation to safeguard the rights of persons with epilepsy in the workplace.
- To identify issues regarding access to affordable health insurance for people with epilepsy.
Educational issues in epilepsy:
- To promote legislation to ensure the rights of people with epilepsy to education, including those with cognitive impairment.
Download the Terms of Reference : CLICK HERE