Next week, in the United Kingdom, MPs are due to hold a three-hour debate on epilepsy in the House of Commons. This debate will take place at 14:00 (GMT) on Thursday 26 February and our friends and colleagues in the UK are urging everyone with epilepsy to lobby their MP to ask them to attend the debate.
The debate is expected to cover issues such as:
- Standards of healthcare for people with epilepsy
- A lack of specialist doctors and nurses
- Access to the best treatment
- Stigma and the social aspects of living with epilepsy
- Challenges with education
The three hour debate was secured by the All Party Parliamentary Group on Epilepsy, led by MPs Laura Sandys, who herself has epilepsy.
How to find your local MP
You can check your list of local MPs here.
You can email or write to your local MP and two of our associations have templates available to assist you in doing this.
Epilepsy Society: Letter Template CLICK HERE
Epilepsy Action UK : Email Template CLICK HERE