As part of our International Epilepsy Day celebrations for 2019, we invited you to enter a video competition.
The competition, open to everyone, had two categories: My Personal Story and Educational Video. Winning videos have been selected based on their success in telling an inspiring personal story or in using a novel means of increasing knowledge and awareness of epilepsy. In each category, there is one 1st Prize of US$500 and five Runners’ Up prizes of US$100.
We are delighted to announce the winners, below:
Category 1: My Personal Story
1st Prize Winner: Linda Cambell (Scotland), ‘Zoned Out’
- Farah (Fatemeh) Abbasi Siar (Iran), ‘My Dream is a world without war’
- Ng, Wai Hung (Hong Kong), ‘A Big Boy Story’
- Delyma Asnydar SS (Indonesia), ‘A Sweet And Short Journey of An Epilepsy Warrior’
- Yvette Barrera-Molina (USA), ‘Some Super Heros Fight Crime, Mine Fights Epilepsy’
- Jess McCallum (Australia), ‘Jess McCallum She Beast’
Category 2: Educational Video
1st Prize Winner: Epilepsy Foundation (USA), ‘Taking Charge of the Storm Jr.’
- Cairo University Epilepsy Unit (Egypt), Pregnancy Awareness
- Norsk Epilepsiforbund (Norway), How to handle an epileptic seizure
- Epilepsy Action (UK), Ali’s story: taking my medicine
- Youth on the Move (Kenya), ‘Njambi’s Tonic Seizure’
- China Bureau of Epilepsy (China), ‘2018 Street Interview About Epilepsy in Shanghai’
Congratulations to all our winners and thank you to everyone who participated in the competition.
You can view all ‘Personal Story’ entries here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtaVe7olIXygWvY7fb9nRxkdcsS9uRbg
You can view all ‘Educational Video’ entries here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtaVe7olIXzgS_uzzsnN2xe7Flp-4diq